Monday, May 11, 2009

laid-over

so I’m spending a quality 3 hours in the Tokyo airport waiting for my next flight. it was supposed to be more like 5 hours, but apparently a girl on my flight had a slight fever (detected by some thermo-cams used by the Japanese public health swat team that swarmed over my plane upon arrival) which required a battery of testing and questioning that allowed me the opportunity to bond with my fellow irate passengers, which was nice. now I am taking in the seemingly endless parade of surgical mask clad faces.

my flights got shuffled around, where I was originally supposed to fly from Seattle to San Francisco and then from San Francisco to Seoul. but get this… my San Francisco flight was delayed due to fog. yes, sound the alarms, San Francisco has fog. who knew? I am worried that my next flight may be delayed because the sun rises in the morning and sets at night, or perhaps because dogs and cats do not get along together.

the upshot of all of this is that I will be getting into Jeonju (my final destination) at early o’clock tomorrow morning, at which point I will have to go to a training session. it’s a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll!

1 comment:

  1. I have been delayed because Russia had snow and because Seattle had rain before... so the sun rising sounds like a pretty valid reason to me.

    Hope you have a safe flight, which delivers you to Jeonju in a much better condition than the dancing bunny...

    Cheers!:)

    ReplyDelete